Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lip Service

Of course with our upcoming Presidential elections, it's only obvious the amount of Lip Service all of us are currently receiving from each candidate. They are both doing whatever it takes to get elected. I can understand this to a certain degree...it is what politicians do.

Where I become confused is when non-politicians or my good ole regular folks start to think Lip Service is an acceptable behavior. When did "straight talk" or communication become a thing of the past or something that the consultants view as "Harsh Behavior" in the workplace? I don't understand why everything I am receiving from employers, employees, friends, relatives, etc, is so candy coded that I get a tooth ache before I finish the conversation.

Just tell me what you're trying to tell me!!! Tell me that you think I suck! Tell me that you hate the way I do this, that, or the other. But what I can't do is Read Your Mind!!!

I was always taught that honesty was the best policy, and yes I might get in trouble for that, but it just seems much better than living in a world of Lip Service.

No comments: