
I was people watching today and I noticed for some people certain discussion topics will create that bright spark of happiness in their eye, while others may not even blink during the same exact conversation. Of course this makes sense knowing we are all individuals with different interests, but there are just so many things today that try to group people into categories that it’s weird to actually open your eyes and see the individual uniqueness of people.
Knowing how society likes to categorize people, I did a little research to see what was out there about “What Makes People Happy”, to actually see if there was any ONE thing that could make all of us happy. Well, I learned that all of us can make ourselves happy simply by behaving in bold or extroverted ways, that Placebo pills can make us happy, and there were several articles online about how money will NEVER make us happy.
After reading several articles, I started to daydream and drift off into ex-boyfriend land where I couldn’t help but remember how I have had so many boyfriends that were made very happy with money. Well, I guess the moral of the story is that there is no general answer on how to be happy and everyone should just find out how for themselves.
I took some time to think about what makes me happy and this is what I came up with (of course in no particular order):
1. Seeing my nephews and niece giggle
2. My sister
3. Making others laugh
4. The smell of fresh linens on a bed
5. Getting coffee on a Saturday and people watch
6. Finding a great book and getting lost in the story
7. My very close friends- the ones I trust and confide in
8. Dancing
9. A beautiful blue sky in the beginning of summer
10. The feeling of new love
No comments:
Post a Comment