Monday, September 24, 2007

Pageants Are Stupid....Oops Did I Say That???

Yes I did! Pageants are stupid, and I can’t believe that in the year 2007 four year old girls are being pranced around with adult makeup and hair that is higher than they wore on the show Dallas in 1985. Also, I can’t believe women in their early 20’s are calling this "Overrated Swimsuit Competition" (that once was a one piece modest swimsuit show, and now has turned into a skimpy two-piece silicone enhanced prance) a “Scholarship Contest”. May I ask where the men are in these pageants? Well, don’t they need “scholarships” too?

A recent study by Catalyst, a Manhattan-based women's research and advisory group, found that gender stereotyping is still pervasive and leads companies to "underestimate and underutilize" women's leadership talent. Well I wonder why? Could it maybe have anything at all to do with the way we start off our young girls at four years old, prancing them around in bikinis and too much makeup? Yet we make ourselves feel better by saying we are preparing them for the world by giving them the chance for a scholarship so they will be the next CEO of a company. Too bad she will just fight the entire time to get there, or maybe never even occupy the corner office because of the stereotyping she receives throughout her life by her male counterparts. And all because of something she probably never wanted to participate in…A STUPID PAGEANT….OOPS, I DID IT AGAIN, he, he, he

No comments: