The words "Love is a Choice" has become the topic of many conversations this week. When something becomes a common theme in my life, my ears will open and I will try to listen for the purpose behind the words. "Love is a Choice" sounds so simple when said, and often if not "heard" can be ignored or thought of as another cliché. But for me, at this time in my life, it was brilliant poetry that seemed to resonate with where I had been, where I currently stand, and where I plan on going in life. Choice is defined as the mental process of thinking, in addition to the process of judging the merits of multiple options and selecting one of them for action. Love is defined as a strong, positive emotion of regard and affection. If you read these two definitions, it is easy to begin to understand why "choosing to love" can be a conflict within a relationship, family, or within oneself. One word is defined by a mental process or working with logic, while the other is defined by an emotion or working with feelings. Can one's feelings ever be logical, or can logic ever explain feelings? It is no wonder why so many of us are confused and can't figure out how to make a "Choice to Love".
No comments:
Post a Comment